OMA Customized Multimedia Ringing V1.0 Customized Multimedia Ringing (CMR) is an enabler that can make multimedia resources present to an End User according to a specified event, e.g. the establishment of a call, the arrival of a message or mail. A common use is the traditional ring back tone or ringing tone during call establishment is replaced by the subscriber customized multimedia resources. In order to present the multimedia resources and control it on the service layer, CMR enabler will provide following main functionalities.
- CMR preferences management: CMR can be provided based on CMR preferences customized by the user which consists of priority, network storage, the ringing box, the CMR presentation rules and so on. CMR preference can be manipulated by the application, the subscriber or third party.
- CMR resource management: Resource management including enable a subscriber or third party to upload CMR resources, delete the CMR resources, manage resource information (e.g. change the name of the CMR resource) etc.
- CMR Presentation control: to manage the CMR presentation via presentation rules
- Present the appropriate CMR resource according to CMR presentation rules.
- Presentation control during the presenting session (i.e. interaction with the user)
- The other basic functions of CMR enabler include:
- Charging: When CMR user purchases or manages (eg. updates or uploads) the CMR resources, and CMR service is initiated, charging information will be generated. CMR enabler can send it to charging platform.
- Security: CMR enabler has a mechanism to authenticate and authorization to CP/SP/CMR user.
- Privacy: CMR enabler has a mechanism to defend the privacy of CMR user.
- Open APIs: other OMA/non-OMA enablers or the third party application can invoke the open APIs of CMR enabler to implement the CMR related service.